The University of Saskatchewan values diversity, and Aboriginal engagement is a strategic priority.
Pharmacy Course and Laboratory InstructorApply
Department: College of Pharmacy and Nutrition
Status: 10 month term, beginning July 3, 2017
Competition No.: 17209-Q
Salary Information: The salary range is $60,410 to $94,391 per annum pro-rated (Instructional, Phase 2). The starting salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Primary Purpose: The primary purpose of this position is to provide teaching, instructional, and coordination support in our undergraduate pharmacy program. This position exists to provide support to the pharmacy program and faculty in its mission to provide a high quality educational experience for the students.
Nature of Work: The Pharmacy Course and Laboratory Instructor reports to the Assistant Dean, Division of Pharmacy. This position is responsible for the delivery of lectures, coordination and running of pharmacy skills labs, and other duties as assigned. This position works in collaboration with students and faculty members to support the pharmacy instructional program. This position functions in a highly independent manner, and the candidate must display initiative, leadership, and the ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Teaching and coordination of Pharmacy classes as assigned, specifically at the 300-level Pharm classes, tutorials and labs, and 500-level Pharm labs
- Assist primary instructors with skills laboratories, which include the role of the pharmacist in patient care, especially in the areas of health promotion, disease prevention and self-care. Also, the development of the students’ patient care abilities, through interviewing and other communication skills activities.
- Coordination of Pharmacy classes and instructors. Preparing lectures and grading midterms and exams
- Assist the primary instructor(s) in developing and delivering pharmacy content
- Assist students with laboratory work and class assignments through direct interaction and via email
- Preparing and grading assignments and exams (OSCEs) for laboratory courses
Education: A degree in Pharmacy and a license to practice pharmacy in the province of Saskatchewan is required for this position.
Experience: Minimum of three years of directly related experience. Experience or training related to teaching at undergraduate institutions would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability in effective decision-making, leadership, motivation and team management
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively or as part of a team with faculty, staff, and students
- Working with confidential student information in a discreet manner
- Exceptional organizational, written and oral communication, analytical, interpersonal and computer skills
- Solid background in pharmacy and familiarity with common and emerging practice issues position
This position is in scope of the Administrative and Supervisory Personnel Association.
Please apply no later than Tuesday April 25, 2017 at 4:30pm.
Inquiries regarding this position can be directed to Kerry Mansell at 306-966-5235.
Be sure to apply online as emailed applications will not be accepted.
The University of Saskatchewan is strongly committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that empowers all employees to reach their full potential. All members of the university community share a responsibility for developing and maintaining an environment in which differences are valued and inclusiveness is practiced. The university welcomes applications from those who will contribute to the diversity of our community. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.