The University of Saskatchewan values diversity, and Aboriginal engagement is a strategic priority.
Manager, IT Support ServicesApply
Strong internal candidate for this position
Department: ICT Client Services
FTE: 1.0 FTE
Competition No.: 17206-K
Salary Information: The salary range is $76,363 to $127,192 per annum (Information Technology, Phase 3). The starting salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Primary Purpose: To manage a team of Support Specialists and/or Senior Support Specialists to deliver exceptional IT support services to support faculty, staff, researchers and students at the University of Saskatchewan. This position creates strategies and a team culture that ensures high-quality services through developing and achieving operational and services objectives, planning and designing continuous improvement activities and optimizing available resources that align with and support the University. This requires working closely with the other Managers, IT Support Services and Team Leads to ensure shared priorities and goals. This position will be responsible for continuous customer service and experience improvements by evaluating survey response rates, attending focus groups and client visits.
Nature of Work: Within Client Services, the IT Support Services supports faculty, staff, researchers and students in the effective use of desktop, laptop, mobile devices, software applications and services across the University. Reporting to the Director, Client Services this position is accountable for the implementation, ongoing operations and continuous improvement of ICT’s support services through the management and support to a services oriented team. These ICT service processes and activities are provided through the Service Desk and by providing on-site support. This position provides vision, leadership and direction to meet the ICT needs of faculty, staff and students in alignment with ICT’s and the University’s strategic direction. The Manager, Client Support works closely with the other Managers, IT Service Support and is an integral part of the ICT Client Services Leadership Team.
- Ensure ICT Client Support is delivering exceptional ICT support services and develops, and lead initiatives to enhance support to faculty staff and students.
- Identify and establish key performance indicators including service responsiveness and effectiveness, and manage group operations to deliver quality services.
- Lead a Client Support group and ensure success of the direct reports by providing coaching and development opportunities.
- Identify challenges and make recommendations for opportunities to implement best practices within the ICT Client Services group.
- Manage contracts, SLA’s and relationships with key stakeholders and vendors.
- Develop annual and multi-year plans for operation and improvement of the Client Support group and its services.
- Develop annual and multi-year budgets and manage the finances of the group.
- Perform other related duties and projects as assigned.
- Evaluate survey response rates, focus groups and client visits.
Education: A University degree in Computer Science, Commerce, Business Administration, or other related field.
Experience: A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively increasing leadership responsibilities in ICT, Information Management or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Possesses advanced subject matter knowledge of customer support for ICT services and has a strong customer service focus
- Able to work collaboratively and has experience in building strong partnerships and relationships with key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and possesses excellent problem solving skills
- Experience in project management and change management
- Self- motivated, pro-active and innovative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure to meet deadlines
This position is in scope of the Administrative and Supervisory Personnel Association.
Please apply no later than April 25, 2017 at 4:30pm.
Inquiries regarding this position can be directed to Lori Weitzel at (306) 966-6623
Be sure to apply online as emailed applications will not be accepted.
The University of Saskatchewan is strongly committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that empowers all employees to reach their full potential. All members of the university community share a responsibility for developing and maintaining an environment in which differences are valued and inclusiveness is practiced. The university welcomes applications from those who will contribute to the diversity of our community. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.