The University of Saskatchewan values diversity, and Aboriginal engagement is a strategic priority.
Department: Facilities Management Division, Building Services
Status: Term, leave replacement up to 12 months with the possibility of extension
Shift: Monday to Friday from 6:00am to 2:30pm. With appropriate notice this shift may change to meet business needs.
Competition No.: 17204-C
Salary Information: $2,511.17 to $3,013.40 per month (Facility Services, Phase 1). The starting salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Primary Purpose: To provide caretaking services in a campus building.
Nature of Work: Reporting to the Zone Manager of Building Services, this position provides caretaking services in an area assigned by the Zone Manager, and is expected to be self-motivated and work productively with very little direct supervision, following standard procedures. In the course of performing their regular duties, this position may have access to sensitive, personal and/or confidential materials, and must exercise discretion and respect for the departments and clients with which they work.
- Performs cleaning tasks as assigned
- Provides cleaning services in other areas as required to cover absences of other caretaking staff
- Changes burnt out lights, reports building deficiencies
- Snow removal from building entranceways
- Secures the building after hours
- Provides efficient, courteous customer service to the university community and visiting public when circumstances required
Education: Completion of Grade 10.
Experience: Caretaking and/or cleaning experience in an institutional setting. Experience working safely with chemicals and power cleaning equipment.
- Effective English reading, verbal and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiarity with the appropriate power equipment
- Attention to detail; physical ability to perform heavy labour and to work at heights as required
- Ability to work well with others as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing tasks and work environments
- Time management skills
This position is in scope of CUPE 1975.
Please apply no later than April 25, 2017 at 4:30pm.
Inquiries regarding this position can be directed to Steve Harder at 306-966-1917
Be sure to apply online as emailed applications will not be accepted.
The University of Saskatchewan is strongly committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that empowers all employees to reach their full potential. All members of the university community share a responsibility for developing and maintaining an environment in which differences are valued and inclusiveness is practiced. The university welcomes applications from those who will contribute to the diversity of our community. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.