Significant career decisions, particularly those involving relocating to a new city, are rarely made alone. In many cases, it is two people who consider an offer of employment - one who will be taking an ongoing appointment and a partner or spouse with equally important career expectations.
The University of Saskatchewan's Spouse/Partner Careers Program is designed to provide spouses or partners with professional support in their search for employment, either at the university or elsewhere in Saskatoon. Available to those who have accepted an appointment as a faculty member at the University, the services of the program include:
- Orientation to the Saskatoon job market and potential employment opportunities
- Assistance with establishing sound career goals and objectives
- Development of practical job search strategies that work in Saskatoon
- Assistance with resume revision
- Interview preparation
- Exploration of re-training and re-education opportunities for those interested in pursuing a new career direction