The University of Saskatchewan values diversity, and Aboriginal engagement is a strategic priority.
Tenure-Stream Faculty Position
The University of Saskatchewan values diversity, and Aboriginal engagement is a strategic priority. The Edwards School of Business is committed to the successful recruitment and retention of Aboriginal students, staff and faculty. We are actively seeking an Aboriginal person for a tenure-stream faculty position effective July 1, 2016.
The successful candidate will be appointed into one of the following areas: Accounting, Finance and Management Science, Human Resources and Organizational Behaviour, and Management and Marketing. The most qualified candidates with expertise in one or more of these areas will be considered. In addition to building links with the Aboriginal community, the successful candidate is expected to play an important role in recruiting and supporting Aboriginal students in the School of Business. Fluency in a First Nations language local to the area would be considered an asset.
Consistent with its goal of achieving business school accreditation, Edwards will recruit those individuals whose academic training and/or professional activities clearly align with our recruitment standards. Candidates must satisfy any one of the following faculty categories:
- Scholarly Academics sustain their currency and relevance through academic scholarship and related activities. Candidates would require a doctoral degree in an academic area clearly linked to the field in which they are expected to teach.
- Practice Academics sustain their currency and relevance through professional engagement and industry interaction. Besides holding a doctoral degree in an academic area clearly linked to the field in which they are expected to teach, the candidate would have undertaken substantive consulting, linkages to practice, or other forms of professional engagement.
- Instructional Practitioners must have initial academic preparation (including a graduate degree), professional experience and ongoing professional engagement. Their professional experience at the time of hiring must be significant in terms of duration and level of responsibility, and clearly linked to the field in which the candidate is expected to teach. For those faculty teaching undergraduate courses, at least three years of full-time work experience would be required. At least five years of full-time employment experience would be expected for those individuals assigned to teach in graduate programs. Professional engagement activities must be substantive and sustained at levels that support currency and relevance for Edwards’ mission.”
All candidates for the scholarly academic and practice academic categories must hold or be very near completion of a Ph.D. Candidates for the instructional practitioner category must hold a relevant master’s degree. The successful candidate will be appointed at an Assistant/Associate/Full professor rank and the salary bands for these positions are as follows: Assistant Professor $90,796 - $109,108; Associate Professor $109,108 – $127,420; Full Professor $127,420 - $148,784.
This position includes a comprehensive benefits package which includes a dental, health and extended vision care plan; pension plan, life insurance (compulsory and voluntary), academic long term disability, sick leave, travel insurance, death benefits, and employee assistance program, a professional expense allowance and a flexible health and wellness spending program.
Proof of Aboriginal heritage will be established in consultation with the Diversity and Inclusion Office at the University of Saskatchewan.
Applications must include:
- A cover letter;
- A curriculum vitae, including a statement of citizenship/immigration status
- Statement of research interests;
- Statement of teaching interests including evidence of engaging culturally diverse learners;
- Three current letters of reference forwarded by the referees directly to the Chair of the
Search Committee at the email listed below.
For more information on this opportunity please contact:
Dr. Scott Walsworth
Edwards School of Business
University of Saskatchewan
25 Campus Drive
The deadline to apply is November 30, 2015.
The Edwards School of Business has an undergraduate business program with approximately 1,800 students. We also have thriving MBA, M.Sc. Finance, Masters of Professional Accounting and the newly created M.Sc. Marketing programs. For more information on the Edwards School of Business, please visit our website at http://www.edwards.usask.ca. The University of Saskatchewan is located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. Saskatoon is a vibrant university city with a population approaching 270,000 people. The city is located on a river in the heartland of Saskatchewan. The city is well known for its summer festivals and riverbank events such as Shakespeare on the Saskatchewan, the Jazz Festival, the Zombie March, the Fringe Festival and the Tweed Ride. It has a progressive university serving 22,000 students. For more information on the City of Saskatoon, please visit the following websites: http://tourismsaskatoon.com and http://www.downtownsaskatoon.com.
The University of Saskatchewan is strongly committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that empowers all employees to reach their full potential. All members of the university community share a responsibility for developing and maintaining an environment in which differences are valued and inclusiveness is practiced. The university welcomes applications from those who will contribute to the diversity of our community. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.