Research Veterinary Technician
The Vaccine and Infectious Disease Organization/ International Vaccine Centre, University of Saskatchewan is seeking a Research Veterinary Technician. The successful candidate will work with an experienced team of veterinarians, technicians and researchers. The goal of this research is improved human and animal health, enhanced animal welfare and economics and increased food safety.
The successful candidate will be expected to work in a team-based research environment under containment Level 2 and Level 3 laboratory requirements.Duties:
- Responsible for cleaning, feeding and handling laboratory and domestic farm animals.
- Ability to perform blood and tissue sampling techniques
- Ability to give injections to a wide variety of animal species is required.
- Ability to observe and report clinical symptoms in a variety of animal species.
- Working knowledge of aseptic surgical techniques and anaesthesiology.
- Understand the importance of and ability to follow SOPs.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with a variety of colleagues and keep accurate detailed records.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Must have a valid Saskatchewan Driver’s license.
- Must have a Security Clearance.
- Computer skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Applicants must have a diploma in Veterinary Technology. Applicants who have experience working with farm and/or laboratory animals are preferred. Physical ability to perform heavy manual labor is required. The successful applicant will be required to rotate into the schedule for week-end work.
Associate Director - Human Resources
Vaccine and Infectious Disease Organization-International
Vaccine Centre (VIDO-InterVac)
120 Veterinary Road
Saskatoon, SK S7N 5E3
E:Mail - email@example.com
(Only the candidates that will be interviewed will be notified.)
The University of Saskatchewan is strongly committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that empowers all employees to reach their full potential. All members of the university community share a responsibility for developing and maintaining an environment in which differences are valued and inclusiveness is practiced. The university welcomes applications from those who will contribute to the diversity of our community. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.