College/Admin Unit: Medicine
Department/Section: Department of Medicine
Status: 1.0 FTE
Duration: One year term (possibility of extension)
Salary range: To commensurate with qualifications and experience
Primary Purpose: To assist with research design and planning, statistical analysis, and database management in medical research. This will typically result from Clinical Investigator-initiated research that may have industry-related or translational research possibilities. Experience with large, complex datasets, including administrative and longitudinal datasets, would be considered an asset.
Nature of Work: To assist faculty members, staff and residents with their statistical needs.
- Manage current and accurate research databases for specific research projects
- Develop new research data collection systems for medical research studies
- Recommend appropriate statistical methods and rationale behind it
- Explain statistical results in a clinically relevant manner
- Conduct descriptive and inferential statistical analyses
- Prepare summaries of analyses for peer-review publications and grants
Education: A Master’s of Science (MSc) degree in statistics or biostatistics or a related degree with appropriate experience. A clinical background would be considered an asset.
- Excellent command of English, both spoken and written
- Familiar with techniques for the analysis of longitudinal data
- High level of initiative and demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion and confidentiality
- Proficiency in database development and management
- Proficiency using Stata, SAS or SPSS
Applicants are requested to provide:
- A current CV, that includes a list of scholarly publications
- Contact information for three references
Subject line: Statistical Analyst Application
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All others are thanked for their interest.
The University of Saskatchewan is strongly committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that empowers all employees to reach their full potential. All members of the university community share a responsibility for developing and maintaining an environment in which differences are valued and inclusiveness is practiced. The university welcomes applications from those who will contribute to the diversity of our community. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.