The University of Saskatchewan values diversity, and Aboriginal engagement is a strategic priority.
Department: Northern Medical Services
Salary Information: The salary range is $47,386 to $65,042 per annum. The starting salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Primary Purpose: To manage and coordinate the recruitment and retention functions relating to Northern Medical Services (NMS) family physicians.
Nature of Work:
- Reporting to the Finance and Administration Manager, the incumbent will work in a fast paced environment and will have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team while maintaining confidentiality.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is a must.
- This position is expected to support and work collaboratively with all positions within the office.
- This position works in a team-oriented, high-volume office characterized by multiple and competing demands and strict deadlines.
- Work is both challenging and rewarding and the environment is one of continuous change, shifting priorities and frequent interruptions. Multi-tasking is the norm and flexibility is required.
- Considerable discretion is required as the position is privy to, and works with highly complex, sensitive and confidential information.
- Judgment is used to determine the appropriate guidelines and procedures. The impact of error is high as the position is responsible to ensure the day-to-day work is completed accurately and that information provided to others is correct.
- Problems encountered can be complex and may require analysis, research and planning to resolve.
- Perform all duties related to recruitment and retention of physicians.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
- A commitment to teamwork and positivity is essential, along with an ability to create and nurture positive working relationships. In particular, the incumbent will be required to share duties in a highly-integrated team environment, providing back-up and support to colleagues as required.
- Provide advice on and strategic direction to marketing and communications for NMS.
- Manage the design and maintenance of the NMS website.
- Execute and coordinate writing, editing, design, production and distribution of NMS print and electronic materials.
- Effectively and professionally representing NMS in all contacts; ensuring the right tone and interest are projected, dealing with issues and concerns and solving or referring problems as they arise.
- Ensure priorities and deadlines are met, correspondence and documentation are handled efficiently, accurately and confidentially.
- Take initiative to move beyond completion of assigned tasks to plan for future changes or requirements.
Education: Post-secondary education is required; an undergraduate degree in commerce or business administration is preferred.
Experience: One to three years recruiting experience. Physician recruitment experience is a definite asset, as well as a working knowledge of and familiarity with the University of Saskatchewan environment including financial and human resources.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Conflict management skills
- Financial management skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Effective organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage workload
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and creativity
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and situations
- Demonstrated aptitude for working both independently and in a team-oriented atmosphere
- Exceptional organizational skills with the proven ability to work on multiple projects with competing demands to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated sound judgment, discretion, and professional integrity
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including diplomacy, tact and professionalism in dealing with people
- Results driven with a high level of energy, enthusiasm and dedication
- Demonstrated exceptional relationship building skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and take on challenges
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets and Microsoft Outlook and PowerPoint are required
Interested applicants are invited to submit their expression of interest including a current curriculum vitae and three references as soon as possible to:
This position is not in scope of any bargaining unit.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The University of Saskatchewan is strongly committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that empowers all employees to reach their full potential. All members of the university community share a responsibility for developing and maintaining an environment in which differences are valued and inclusiveness is practiced. The university welcomes applications from those who will contribute to the diversity of our community. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.