The University of Saskatchewan values diversity, and Aboriginal engagement is a strategic priority.
Associate Director, Alumni EngagementApply
Department: University Relations
Competition No.: 17111-M
Salary Information: The salary range is $76,363 to $127,192 per annum (Specialist/Professional, Phase 3).
Primary Purpose: The Associate Director, Alumni Engagement is responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of innovative alumni engagement programming designed to increase participation, deepen affinity and develop support for the University of Saskatchewan. Located in the Office of Alumni Relations, the Associate Director, Alumni Engagement provides leadership and guidance to a team of professionals responsible for creating a passionate, connected community of University of Saskatchewan alumni that advances the university’s, mission, and alumni engagement priorities.
Nature of Work: Reporting directly to the Director of Alumni Relations, the Associate Director, Alumni Engagement is a key member of the Alumni Relations team at the University of Saskatchewan. The incumbent plays a leadership role in designing and implementing alumni engagement programming aimed at recruiting alumni, and strengthening involvement of the alumni community to achieve effective alumni engagement across the portfolio and institution. The Associate Director uses his/her knowledge of notable and influential University of Saskatchewan alumni and donors within key alumni markets to develop and convey a plan for alumni engagement aimed at building and increasing the depth of relationships between the university and its alumni.
- Provide leadership and development of integrated and comprehensive alumni engagement programs that are aligned with the Alumni Engagement Strategy and institutional engagement objectives
- Develop and oversee alumni engagement programming and functional areas including: alumni regional networks, student and young alumni, volunteer engagement, reunions, and alumni mentorship
- Work collaboratively with campus partners in colleges and units to ensure alumni engagement programs address alumni needs, align with best practices and institutional polices, and compliment engagement program offerings that deepens alumni support to the U of S
- Continually analyze market research and trends that can improve understanding of key alumni cohorts and strengthen the alumni continuum
- Provide specialized advice on alumni engagement principles, practices and methods to assist partners in achieving their alumni engagement goals
- Develop program metrics and evaluation processes that measures progress against goals, and contribute to alumni engagement key performance indicators
- Create and maintain program resources that empower college partners to develop complimentary programming that serves to increase alumni engagement
- Build and strengthen relationships with key stakeholders including alumni, donors, students, and volunteers
- Facilitate the movement of key stakeholder relationships by identifying and aligning interests and motivations of stakeholders with engagement opportunities that enrich the relationship and support between alumni and the university
- Ensure alumni information is captured for accurate reporting and relationship management
- Work with the University of Saskatchewan Alumni Association board and appropriate committees to support their role mandate of advice, advocacy and support
- Provide leadership of the Alumni Achievement Awards, and USSU Engaged Young Alumni Award, ensuring alumni achievements are broadly publicized and recognized
- Provide ongoing communication with appropriate committees, progress updates, and recommendations for decision are referred to the Alumni Association board
- Develop processes and procedures that support the award programs and enhance the recognition of accomplished alumni
- Lead, direct and supervise professional staff
- Oversee alumni event coordination, managing workload, and providing guidance and expertise on event logistics
- Play a leadership role in alumni engagement staff hires, performance reviews, training, professional development and engagement business planning advocating leading practice and continuous improvement consistent with university human resources practices
- Provide leadership, strategy, supervision and expertise to college alumni professionals responsible for developing and implementing college alumni engagement programs
Education: Bachelor’s degree; master’s degree or other advanced education strongly preferred. An appropriate level of training and experience may be considered.
Experience: Eight to ten years of relevant experience is required with extensive experience in alumni relations is an asset. Must be a strategic thinker with ability to execute creative and conceptual plan, with demonstrated accomplishments in an integrated business model. Thorough understanding of engagement principles, strategies and proven experience in application and knowledge of the University of Saskatchewan’s culture, issues, goals and stakeholders is an asset.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, building consensus and leading through influence
- Highly effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively and within a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead and empower a team to success
- Exceptional skill at building and managing relationships
- Demonstrated managerial experience and the ability to build collaborative partnerships and lead teams
- Ability to develop relationships with a variety of stakeholder groups
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically, maintain confidentiality, and exercise diplomacy, tact and creativity in problem solving
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
This position is in scope of the Administrative and Supervisory Personnel Association.
Applications will be accepted until filled.
Inquiries regarding this position can be directed to Kris Brown at 306-966-7636.
Be sure to apply online as emailed applications will not be accepted.
The University of Saskatchewan is strongly committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that empowers all employees to reach their full potential. All members of the university community share a responsibility for developing and maintaining an environment in which differences are valued and inclusiveness is practiced. The university welcomes applications from those who will contribute to the diversity of our community. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.