Department: Dean’s Office, College of Medicine
FTE: 1.0 FTE
Status: Term, up to five years with the possibility of extension or becoming permanent.
Competition No.: 13558-M
Salary Information: The salary range is $59,517 to $92,996 per annum (Specialist/Professional, Phase 2). The starting salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Primary Purpose: The Accreditation Specialist works with internal and external representatives to ensure accreditation and regulatory requirements for the College of Medicine are consistently met and abided by.
Nature of Work: Reporting to the Dean, College of Medicine, the Accreditation Specialist will be a knowledge expert-in existing and emerging undergraduate medical education accreditation standards. The candidate will translate their expert knowledge to support the College of Medicine to maintain a continuous quality improvement approach to the ongoing accreditation of the College of Medicine.
- Maintains in-depth, knowledge of existing and emerging accreditation standards specific to:
- Institutional setting
- Educational program for the MD degree
- Medical students
- Educational resources
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the comprehensive accreditation cycle and survey review as determined by Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME)/ Committee on Accreditation of Canadian Medical Schools (CACMS)
- Researches, compiles, edits and reports on complex issues or processes relating to the College of Medicine accreditation programs and regulatory compliance activities
- Coordinates all accreditation processes for undergraduate medical education, including development of progress reports, tools, and databases.
- Assists the Interim Review Accreditation Coordinator and accreditation team as required to identify emerging problems with standards, critical issues requiring more expertise and opportunities to continue to develop a culture of continuous quality improvement
- Develops, leads and implements new administrative policies and procedures to continually improve processes to meet accreditation standards.
- Provides direction and guidance to departmental faculty and support staff across sites to ensure compliance with policies/procedures set out to meet accreditation standards.
- Assists with the preparation of required reports for accreditation surveys.
- Organizes committees to review all accreditation standards
- Collects and inputs data received from committees into the appropriate section of the full data base plus assembly of the required course and clerkship forms.
- Works with the necessary stakeholders to develop a process to manage and update key data used for planning and communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Assesses impact of proposed plans on other Faculty programs including identifying risks and developing mitigation strategies and options.
- Leads or supports the preparation and development of project documentation, incorporating stakeholder input into complex project documents.
- Writes and prepares various reports and presentations as required for senior leaders and groups external to the university.
- Other duties as required.
Education: Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a directly related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Experience: Minimum of five years’ experience with project management leadership and systems design within a health care, university or clinical setting. Previous experience with undergraduate medical education accreditation standards would be an asset.
Skills: Demonstrated professional maturity, judgment , decisiveness, and conflict resolution; ability to take initiative, facilitate change and be self-directed; strong evidence of relationship-building, ability to work collaboratively, with polished presentation, written and verbal communication skills; strong facilitation and organizational skills; energetic, highly motivated, demonstrating leadership in a flexible and collaborative manner; demonstrated ability to think and act systematically and strategically while exercising diplomacy and creativity in resolving issues; proven ability to negotiate mutually beneficial solutions; demonstrated ability to make evidence-based decisions with a commitment to quality; demonstrated experience in successful project management, complex data analysis and interpretation; proven ability thrive in a challenging, dynamic, complex environment and to manage multiple projects concurrently; proven proficiency with computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets and data management software programs.
This position is in scope of the Administrative and Supervisory Personnel Association.
Applications will be accepted until filled.
Inquiries regarding this position can be directed to Katharine Fahlman-Smithat 306-966-6635
Be sure to apply online as emailed applications will not be accepted.
The University of Saskatchewan is strongly committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that empowers all employees to reach their full potential. All members of the university community share a responsibility for developing and maintaining an environment in which differences are valued and inclusiveness is practiced. The university welcomes applications from those who will contribute to the diversity of our community. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.