Coordinator, Admissions and Transfer CreditApply
Department: Student Enrolment Services Division- Admissions and Transfer Credit
FTE: 1.0 FTE
Competition No.: 13051-M
Salary Information: The salary range is $58,350 to $91,173 per annum (Specialist/Professional, Phase2). The starting salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Primary Purpose: To work as the team lead and coordinator of a team responsible for carrying out the admission of undergraduate students and assignment of transfer credit. The Coordinator, Admissions and Transfer Credit, carries out the mission and strategies developed by the Manager of Admissions and Transfer Credit and the Director of Enrolment Services.
Reporting to the Manager of Admissions and Transfer Credit, while working
closely with other members of the Undergraduate Admissions, Recruitment,
Student and Enrolment Services and the campus community in a team environment, this
Coordinator is a leadership position and key member of the Admissions and
Transfer Credit team. The Coordinator is expected to help lead the Admissions
and Transfer Credit team so that they operate efficiently, effectively and
collaboratively in a fast-paced, highly detailed and technical environment with
multiple tight deadlines, competing priorities and high service standards. The
Coordinator is expected to schedule resources, clarify priorities and ensure
that the flow of work throughout the unit is efficient and of high quality. The
incumbent coordinates a team of seven permanent CUPE staff, four ASPA staff and
two CUPE casual staff, plus overseeing the work of student helpers.
- Coordinates and supervises the work of up to fifteen staff, including ten CUPE clerical staff and five ASPA Admissions Officers and the work of student helpers;
- Coordinates the flow of work within the Admissions and Transfer Credit units, ensuring oversight, support, and resourcing of the areas of domestic admissions, international admissions and transfer credit;
- Prioritizes work to ensure that staff resources are utilized efficiently and service standards are met;
- Develops and coordinates work schedules, vacation and holiday requests and schedules;
- Deals with HR issues relating to day to day operations and escalates more serious issues to the Manager;
- Communicates process and unit updates, changes in policy, and other important operational information to the team;
- Works with campus stakeholders, including college and department staff, advisors, and faculty, and other administrative unit staff, to solve admissions issues, to answer questions and provide information, and to facilitate the enhancement of processes and services for prospective students, applicants and current students;
- Ensures that issues related to student applicants are dealt with in a timely and tactful way, by liaising with students, parents, counselors, educational agents or other external stakeholders as well as internal stakeholders;
- Contributes to process and policy development in the areas of Admissions and Transfer credit, supporting and making recommendations to the Manager of Admissions and Transfer Credit and the Director of Enrolment Services;
- Ensures that problems with processes or deadlines are resolved or where necessary, are escalated to the Manager for review;
- Provides weekly updates to the staff via staff meetings and/or e-mail, and provides on-going and timely information to the Manager concerning operations and issues;
- Supports the Manager in ensuring positive relations among staff and with our stakeholders both internal and external;
- Provides support to the Manager through data collection and analysis, research and report creation, and recommendations of best practices in admissions processes, credential evaluation and transfer credit.
Education: An undergraduate degree or extensive experience in admissions and credential evaluation at a Canadian institution are required. Training and work in the areas of admission, credential evaluation and student affairs are strongly preferred.
Experience: A minimum of five years in the area of student admissions, including experience with credential evaluation, knowledge of U of S admission and transfer credit policies and procedures, and direct experience serving students and working with campus stakeholders.
Skills: Demonstrated communication skills both verbal
and written, including intercultural communication skills; ability to problem
-solve and make independent as well as collaborative decisions; ability to work
well as part of a team and take initiative; demonstrated evidence of
leadership: direct and demonstrable
experience in staff leadership, mentoring, and performance management; thorough
knowledge of the University of Saskatchewan, including detailed understanding
of admissions and transfer credit policies, application processes and
procedures, and services for prospective students; ability to evaluate
international and domestic credentials for the purposes of admission and
awarding of transfer credit.
This position is in scope of the Administrative and Supervisory Personnel Association.
apply no later than February 5, 2013.
Inquiries regarding this position can be directed to Lisa Shepard at 966-6749
Be sure to apply online as emailed applications will not be accepted.
The University of Saskatchewan is strongly committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that empowers all employees to reach their full potential. All members of the university community share a responsibility for developing and maintaining an environment in which differences are valued and inclusiveness is practiced. The university welcomes applications from those who will contribute to the diversity of our community. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.