Human Resources and Office ManagerApply
Job Title: Human Resources and Office Manager
Department: Media Access & Production (eMAP)
FTE: 1.0 FTE
Status: Term, one year with the possibility of extension or becoming permanent.
Competition No.: 12618-E
Salary Information: The salary range is $59,126 to $93,457 per annum (Specialist/Professional, Phase 2). The starting salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Primary Purpose: The Human Resources and Office Manager provides labour relations leadership, support and direction to enable staff to be successful in providing excellent service to the campus community.
Nature of Work: This position reports to the Director and is responsible for the leadership and management of the division’s human resources function in a highly team based environment. The incumbent manages labour relations in a union setting including recruitment and retention, building performance capacity, investigation and resolution of issues in all employee groups and providing expert advice, recommendations and mentoring. Work is performed independently in a fast paced, busy and stressful environment, where there are frequent interruptions, continuous change, conflicting deadlines and issues that need immediate attention and must be handled with judgment and discretion. The Human Resources Manager deals with confidential and delicate issues on a daily basis and must exercise discretion and judgment in interpreting, recommending action and applying various policies, procedures and guidelines. The position requires a proactive and highly collaborative approach to share information and successfully resolve issues for the parties involved.
- Lead a clearly articulated and understood strategy for employee engagement that is consistent with eMAP’s and University’s strategic direction.
- Manage labour relations in the division to enable a high performance culture to flourish.
- Implement communication strategies and programs that support an environment of open, honest, and two-way communications.
- Enable the workplace to be creative, diverse, inclusive, safe and positive.
- Manage the recruitment process to ensure the successful integration of new staff into the eMAP team and the University.
- Manage the main office work flow to ensure adherence to customer centric principles.
- Ensure the success of direct reports.
- Liaise with and advise staff and managers on communication skills and barriers, processes, policies, legal obligations and collective agreements to maintain an environment of consistency, trust and respect.
- Participate in professional development to stay current with best practices in human resources management.
- Oversee processes for monitoring and reporting employee pay
changes and time away activity.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Commerce with a major in Human Resources, or a combination of education and experience may be considered.
Experience: A minimum of five years experience in a human resources management position. Experience working in a unionized or university setting is desirable.
Skills: Strong interpersonal skills including skills in leadership
and team-building to create and maintain a high performance culture. Demonstrated
knowledge and skill in human resources
best practices; and demonstrated competency in the areas of leadership/vision,
support for progress and relationship
building; demonstrated superior interpersonal and communication ability; ability to maintain strong working relationships with the
campus community and to deal effectively with individuals at all levels in the
organization in a variety of consultative and collaborative processes; demonstrated
analytical and organizational skills; detail oriented; ability to effectively
work with decision makers to achieve solutions to unique and complex problems;
ability to negotiate effectively in difficult situations; ability to maintain
confidentiality and handle sensitive matters diplomatically and discreetly; a
demonstrated client service orientation; proficient computer skills,
particularly with Microsoft Office applications required.
This position is exempt from any bargaining unit.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Inquiries regarding this position can be directed to Elizabeth Lulchak at 966-4260.
Be sure to apply online as emailed applications will not be accepted.
The University of Saskatchewan is strongly committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that empowers all employees to reach their full potential. All members of the university community share a responsibility for developing and maintaining an environment in which differences are valued and inclusiveness is practiced. The university welcomes applications from those who will contribute to the diversity of our community. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.